Tuesday, July 27, 2010

#$%^&*!?

Oh man... What a crazy 2 days! I got a heart-stopping call from Zack Monday afternoon, telling me that he and Rachel had gotten into an accident. I KNOW!!! SCARY RIGHT!? Apparently, he went over a massive pot hole on the freeway and blew out both of his back tires along with something about the alignment of the car? (I don't know what the heck that means, but I know it's bad!) But, along with THAT nightmare, they spun out across the OTHER SIDE OF THE FREEWAY!!! AHHHH!!!!!!! I am just so grateful no one got hurt and they didn't get hit by another car.

Ok, and while I'm venting about this stupid car? I HATE THIS STUPID CAR!!! I'm happy to have a vehicle, but it is just so incredibly stressful because it never works and something is always wrong!!! So much money has been put into it and I cannot WAIT to find a more reliable one.

This situation really reminded me about a Mormon messages video I watched a while ago. It talked about how we need to remember that trials are only fleeting and the light is always at the end of the tunnel. The reason I remembered it though, was because Elder Holland talks about how when he was younger and had a young family, his car also died on him... more than once (looks like I'm not alone after all!)

I strongly believe that we are all capable of getting through hard times, and I myself am proof that there can be light at the end of a long dark tunnel. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful life. My family is so supportive and loving, my husband is the greatest man I know, and I have so many close friends that just make the hard times disappear. So, I guess what I really wanted to say was, yes, the situation I've found myself in the past few days has sucked MAJORLY, but I know that God puts trials in our lives to help us grow stronger. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. And even if I have to push that car to the end of that darn tunnel, I'll do it with a smile on my face, because I know how blessed I really am and I know that tunnels always end!

Just because I thought it was so great, I want to share this video with everyone. ENJOY! Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. scary!!! btw becka I started a new blog now too :D follow it love! i miss youuu <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh SCARY O.O Hope everyone is ok!!

    ReplyDelete